So today I went for a short little walk on the rail trail. I saw the mountain barn lady! She was cooling down from walking all hardcore with her headphones and whatnot, wearing a pink breathable sporty tank top thing. I walked down to the bridge, stared at the water for 7 seconds, got bored, walked towards the little trail leading down to the rivah, walked about 10 yards in, stopped, realized there were already about ten mosquitoes buzzing around my head, said "fuck dat" matter-of-factly and turned around.
As I walked out of the trail briskly I saw a stocky woman power walking, her curly long hair tied loosely behind her neck with cassette in hand, headphones in ear. She looked at me quickly with a nervous, serious look and continued at a slightly quicker pace. It was funny, really, heading in the same direction 12 or so feet behind her because I just knew that she had some fear that a teenager (not exercising!) was (certainly) watching her walk. After I saw her glance over her shoulder uneasily, I looked up at the sky smiling as it rested on the pine trees uppermost points, as if it too had had a long uneventful day at work.
When I looked back to the trail the woman was running away! Her fast walk may have just been an out-of-shape break from running but we WERE only a hundred yards from the parking lot. It was so hilarious I almost lawled.
Adults are afraid of you! You're young! you're unstable! you smoke things! you have sex! you have fun with your counterparts when you don't have anything to have fun with! you're loud! you're confrontational! you enjoy odd things! you get bored! you don't spend your money well! you yell things out of car windows! you're moody! you like art! you hate art! you hate exercising and admit it! you don't bother exercising even though you hate it! you go to school! you don't like school!
Maybe I should have caught up to her and yelled boogah boogah in her ears.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you scary bryan diehl!!!! haha
ReplyDeletei like this so much !!
ReplyDelete