Saturday, November 28, 2009

Two Smoke Stacks

My parents just left for Cancun, a 50th birthday gift from my mom to my dad.

One time I was looking for a pair of socks in my dad's drawer and found a card from my mom. I always thought that Hallmark cards were supposed to be lame but this was one of the most beautiful things in the world. My dad didn't finish college and I don't think my mom's that naturally intelligent.

When I was driving home from picking them up the scenery was almost surreal. Grey, illuminated clouds grinded over the chared green trees and off in the distance two mechanic smoke stacks, in a comatose of labor and toil, poured waste into the mass like a stream running into the ocean. The landscape then yeilded a ruined and archaic bridge. As I sped angrily towards it all it did was rise further and further- like the dark earth with all its depths were pushing it upwards.

Fuck.

1 comment: