Last night was such an interesting time.
My plans were to stay up to watch the meteor shower at one or one-thirty. So, with it being only nine o'clock, I had a lot of time to kill. When you think about it from nine to one is a really long time. Especially if you're doing nothing in an office with a lot of work to do.
Some very fascinating and horrible and wonderful and awesome (the real sense of the word) things happened.
A friend reminded me, in the form of kindness (in fact it might have even been said over the announcements!), how cryptic my blogs tend to be. I haven't really figured out blogs yet. Towards the beginning, I was under the impression that they were a place to just vent shit and get stuff outta ya. But it seems like sometimes blogs have reputations. Which is so sad. I talked with Joey about this at one point. If it works for the writer, super duper! But I just feel bad for the writers who feel like they have to restrict what they're saying because it doesn't fit into a certain format. But if blogs are a place for people to just say stuff then why does bluntness cause such a hubbub? Hooplah, if I may? That's another thing that annoys me (mainly because I do it). I don't know. An imaginary world where you could just take in posts without attaching a face to the post would be ideal. Do we blog what we feel or what we want to feel?
Whoa. Okay yeah back to my night. LAWTM (laughing a wicked ton, man!) I watched Requiem for a Dream. What a fucking mistake. I loved the movie... But I wanted to curl up into a ball and weep for humanity. I wonder what that kind of desperation feels like.
I went outside at one thirty to watch the stars. I tried laying down but it was so freaking cold and I was not prepared at all. It's hard to watch the stars when you're shivering so much your head is shaking and you can't see straight. So I decided to stand with my head all the way back, gazing straight up.
For fifteen minutes I watched a single star, right above my head. Obviously there were others littering the surrounding night but I couldn't help but stare at this one star. It could have been completely subjective but it was so much different from all the rest; like it stood out and was supposed to be stared at by Bryan Diehl. And I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I finally saw a shooting star that whizzed by it. Fast and beautiful. And my eyes tore after it. It really was beautiful. But my eyes pulled themselves back to that solitary pinprick once it was gone and stayed there. And I forgot about meteors. It's weird how it worked out that way.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
bryan, i sincerely miss you
ReplyDeleteYou are a beautiful, beautiful person.
ReplyDelete