Friday, February 19, 2010

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tonight I was driving with someone who really cares about me and who I really care about. And we created scenes of our 35 year lives.

She fumbled with a scene and I smiled because she was unsure. She wanted to think of a scene that would make her happy and she came pretty close. Close enough to hope it was good enough. And holy shit it was good enough!

When I spilled my future out of my mouth it was the greatest thing I'd done in a long time. I was holding hands with a future in 17 years. With a wife and two children and a world that was the same but with more hope. A world that was scary and terrible but it made me hold my three's hands tighter.

What's the point in typing out the scene? It's not important! But in that carride I created the future. In some crystal ball of words I single handedly built something that probably will never happen in real life. Ever! But that's the best part! Because though reality is fleeting and fickle, I created something that ousted any looming inflated reality! That future existed! It doesn't even have to happen for me to gain any more pleasure from what I feel right now! It's like making the most glorious sand castle in the world and then walking away laughing as the tide crushes it in a whirlwind party with dancing and singing and falling! Falling on each other like confetti over ignorant party goers! Living in the moment down to the millisecond!

I could die in my sleep and know that the future is perfect and crystalline. As crystalline as the frost on the grass. Holding the green life in place until the sun comes up. But who really has time to watch the sun melt it anyways?! It's the frost that we see! And remember!

^^What the fuck?!^^ :D

1 comment: