Today I sat at home
And did acid in my room.
For about 4 hours I watched the rain,
Coming and going like love.
I started to write a song on the guitar.
I poured my soul into it
Like melted steel into a girder molding.
I posted the lyrics online
So everyone would tell me how great it was
And how talented I am.
When I searched the lyrics
(to see if anyone had commented on them)
A "different" song came up
under a songwriter who died 3 years ago and
It was the exact same song.
I tried to drive to the store to buy more pens
But got into a car accident with a pickup truck.
It's funny that it was a pickup truck
Because the driver couldn't pick himself up off the pavement.
Isn't that funny?
The football players tell me it is.
The hipsters said
That if I wrote it down
It would be beautiful.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes.
ReplyDelete