I had so much reading to do today it was ridiculous. In fact, so ridiculous I'm not even done.
When I was 5/9 of the way done I decided to take a walk as a nice break. I put on my new leather soled shoes so my footsteps would make a satisfyingly badass clop clop with every step as I walked through the night, collar turned up, hands in my jacket pockets. It wasn't even that cold (...at all..) tonight but wearing a jacket truly does provide me with some kind of mental protection.
Think about when you walk into a party filled with unfamiliar faces and you're wearing just a T-shirt compared to when you're wearing a sweatshirt or jacket. Maybe I'm crazy but I feel more protected than Frodo did when he was wearing that fresh ass Mithril vest.
Anyways. It started to drizzle about ten minutes into my stroll eventually picking up to pretty darn heavy rain. The trees acted as pretty good umbrellas for a short time until the falling water, pervading the many leafy levels, plopped in large drops on my head.
The intentions of my walk were to think things over but I've done so little personal deep thinking as of late my head was a jumble and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to tackle. I tried thinking about senior year a lot but it was all an obscure blur that kept dodging my mental lunges.
Oh yeah. Another cool part during my walkity walk was that I could hear bouts of heavy rainfall marching along the tops of the trees towards me from certain directions. Wowwy. I was also whistling The Raincoat Song.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment